So, you’ve finally decided to join tens of millions of other people and look around for Soprano laser clinics, congratulations! Hair removal has been one of the leading aesthetic procedures performed worldwide over the past Two decades.
What makes laser hair removal a smart decision?
Are you suffering from a condition that causes excess hair growth? Simply desire a fresh, smooth look? In both cases choosing laser hair removal can vastly improve your life. How is that possible?
Just think about how much time you’ve spent shaving, waxing and plucking unwanted hair on your body and face. The average amount for people in the US is 1,286 hours during their lifetime! So that is more than 50 whole days in your life you can do more interesting and valuable things with.
Do you remember all of those times when you’ve felt embarrassed wearing a bathing suit because your legs were full of fuzz? Or perhaps you’ve peeked at the mirror before an important meeting and discovered your nose was overflowing with hair? Or noticed your pubic hair was thick enough to require its own grooming regime?
With precise technology available on the Soprano laser, you can decide exactly where to be smooth and where you can allow natural growth. Back, legs, chest, underarms, face and genitals – almost any area is treatable. Regardless of your skin type, you can enjoy a safe and proven treatment and enjoy permanent reduction or in other words, smooth skin that lasts!
The basic concept behind laser hair removal technology
The idea is pulsing the skin with a strong light beam (be it laser or IPL) so that the hair follicle which contains melanin would absorb the delivered energy, heat up drastically until destroyed. The traditional treatment was quite painful, and though much more effective than waxing it did not offer much in terms of patient comfort.
Luckily, over a decade ago Alma has developed the SHR technology which employs an “In-Motion” technique that vastly reduces discomfort during the hair removal treatment to a point it is virtually painless. All of Alma’s Soprano laser devices use this technology which was also adopted by many other brands.
Important things to consider when choosing a hair removal laser clinics
There are several types and brands of lasers used by providers in hair removal clinics. However, only the advanced and clinically proven ones such as Alma’s Soprano laser offer maximum safety and efficacy for all skin types including dark skin. Electing to work with the highest standard of technology is a good sign for a professional and trained practitioner.
Why is that so important? Laser hair removal is a delicate procedure performed on a delicate part of your body (the skin). A practitioner who understands the science behind this technology has better chances at getting you the desired results while avoiding any unnecessary side effects.
You should remember that the normal body hair growth cycle is around 6 weeks. For facial hair it is a bit shorter. Also, it usually takes an average 6-8 sessions total to achieve maximum hair removal results. Therefore, you should confirm the laser clinic’s availability prior to purchasing the treatment package. Having intervals that are at least 8 weeks between sessions (for body) or less than 6 weeks apart might negatively affect your results.
Now that you have the basics lets go into the guide, which we’ve compiled so you can get the best possible laser hair removal experience.
The Soprano hair removal check list
Preparing for the laser procedure:
- Physical exam. Have the dermatologist or physician examine you, review medical history and discuss expectations.
- Tanning. You should avoid tanning beds, and also fake tans for at least 2 weeks prior to hair removal treatment. Tanning products contain high levels of melanin. Though the Soprano laser is considered safe for tanned and darker color skin types we recommend not overwhelming your skin.
- Perfumes. Please refrain from using irritant substances on the treatment area prior to the treatment and after it.
- Waxing, dying, bleaching and threading. Avoid those prior to treatment to improve your chances to achieve permanent hair reduction. Besides, why bother waxing when you are going to your laser appointment?
Collagen injections and Fillers. Please advise the practitioner whether you have received any cosmetic injections in the treated area in the past 6 months.
- Medication. Some prescription drugs such as certain antibiotics are photo-sensitive. This might cause hyper-pigmentation is some cases. Therefor you must notify the practitioner if you are taking such medicine. To find out whether it is safe please refer to your physician.
- Shaving. You should shave prior to treatment. Why is that? Experienced practitioners in leading laser clinics point out that if there is some stubble left the exposed hair tips can make the area heat much quicker. Also, laser clinics practitioners who use the Soprano mostly utilize the “in motion” technique. If the treatment area is not shaved , the sweeping motion of the applicator over the skin might not feel as comfortable as it should.
- Test. A practitioner should perform a test patch 24 hours before the hair removal treatment.
- Tattoos. These should be covered with tape if they are within the treatment area to avoid burns. (Dark tattoos absorb increased amounts of laser energy due to special dye).
During and after hair removal treatment at Soprano laser clinics
- Wearing protective glasses. These would be supplied by the practitioner. Make sure to wear these during treatment.
- Pain. Though individuals react differently, the Soprano laser hair removal treatment should be virtually pain-free. Some areas might be a bit more sensitive, however if you feel too much pain you should notify the practitioner. The technician can easily adjust energy levels.
- Treatment time. Your session can take from 10 min. up to a full hour. That depends first on whether you are treating a specific area or several ones. The new hand-piece on the Soprano Titanium laser enables quick coverage of large areas reducing treatment time in half!
- Redness and swelling. The hair follicle might swell and the skin around it might be a little red which is normal and resides within 24 hours.
- Sunscreen. We recommend using a SPF 30/50 sunscreen on the treated area for no less than a week after treatment. That is important in order to protect your skin which will be more sensitive to sun damage. Especially if directly exposed to sunlight for extended amounts of time (mostly in summer).
There you have it. If you still have any questions about laser hair removal in general or our Soprano laser feel free to contact us. Ready to move on with the procedure? Use our Soprano clinic-finder to locate nearby Soprano laser clinics.